Conversation Cheat Sheets

This is a very useful activity for your students because the resources are basically questions and answers frames in order to help them practice their English.

  • The first thing you should do is form pairs or teams in your classroom, then provide them the questions and the possible answers and explain them that they are able to add more information that they consider important in the case of the answers. 
  • After you have explain and confirm the instructions with your students you should deliver them the material. You can use this material if you want, it's an example:
  • Greetings QUESTIONS
  • How are you?
    How have you been?
    How are things?
    How's life been treating you?
    How's it going?
Greetings ANSWERS
Great. And yourself?
Couldn't be better. How about you?
Pretty good.
Can't complain.
Not (too) bad.
I've been worse.
Not very well.
What's wrong / the matter ?
I've been better.
Is anything wrong / bothering you?
Meh.
What's on your mind?
As you may see students can start talking about how they feel or something they're interested on. 

I also recommend you to establish a time limit to share their experiences and then move to another question, this allow them to practice more their speaking skill.

If you have any concern or comment leave it here ↓ and I'll help you 

Comentarios